1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Get rid of / remove the 2 color gradient in taskbar and active title bar windows XP

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ecovoyageur, Jan 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ecovoyageur

ecovoyageur Thread Starter

I have the Royale Noir window theme installed (could be any other window XP theme than the Windows Classic). I modified a bit but the windows XP GUI (Graphical user interface ) does not allow me to change active title and taskbar colors.

My objective is to remove the gradient effect in the taskbar and active title bar of windows XP by either using one single color for both "GradientActiveTitle" AND "ActiveTitle" OR find a way to deactivate / disable / remove the gradient effect. But I can’t figure out how to do this simple thing!

Does anybody know how to edit the colors in a theme? Don't even bother pointing me to “Display properties > Appearance > Advanced”, the changes you make in there for Active Title (and others) only apply if you are using the Windows Classic theme (which I'm not).

I'm thinking a Registry tweek or a script is needed. I did edit the registry under “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors” But it didn’t work. I also edited the theme file documents, it did not work either. I'm lost ! I just want to get rid of the 2 color gradient and, incidentally be able to change the title bar and taskbar colors.

If you use the Windows Classic theme, you do not have this problem. You only have this problem if you are using a windows XP theme of some sort.

Can you help anyone? Thanks!!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!