1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

get 'save the file as an xps document.'..won't print

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by extradesk, Oct 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. extradesk

extradesk Thread Starter

My printer is connected, printer icon is in tray, and it is recognized by my Belkin router manager-- but when I try to print I get a screen that says 'save the file as an *.xps document'...and it won't print. I don't want to save it - I want it to print.

I ran a search for 'xps' and the list came up with XPS Viewer and XPS Viewer Manifest. Both are located in C:\Windows\system32\xpsviewer. This has been after I downloaded something to scan my drivers for outdated ones. When I discovered that you have to buy the software I uninstalled it. I never had the problem before that.

It is on my Dell laptop, running XP Home Edition.

2. Hughv

Hughv

Can you print a test page?
    What printer is selected in the printer dialog box? (Almost certainly the XPS document writer)
    Select "Print" from the file menu to see these options.

3. extradesk

extradesk Thread Starter

I did get it somewhat resolved. I have 2 printers--a regular HP and a mulitfunction Canon. The Canon was set as the default. Switching the HP as the default eliminated that problem. I'm still trying to set up the Canon because it's a wireless and I can fax from it. No success yet, but because of your suggestion I do have the HP operating through the router manager. Thank you.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/955438