1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

getfroce gtx 1660 Card not working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Akuma08, Nov 12, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. Akuma08

Akuma08 Thread Starter

My pc I build it myself and it was working fine next thing I know my gpu is not work it?s a brand new card ( getfroce gtx 1660) and the fans not spinning and not showing up in the Motherboard bios) I don?t know to fix it I been doing research and I can?t figure it outI plugged my old gpu in I know it works and still didn?t work ( my power supply 650)

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

OK, you are posting in a hardware forum and no one [other than you] has any idea what hardware you are running. Post ALL of your exact specs. Do not Post “500W pw supply; post the exact brand and model# Do that for ALL of your parts.

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
  4. Blu_86

Blu_86

Since from your prior thread you appear to be using the 2400g APU, and obviously you can use your motherboard MSI BIOS explorer because the APU is working. Make sure you actually have whatever cable you are using actually plugged into the GPU instead of the APU and also try a few different cables. You can also force-disable your APU (onboard) in the bios. You can also set it from auto to manual (auto) to GEN3 for your GPU. Since this is a GTX 1660 I would presume you have a warranty on it if so use it. If you feel you are not hardware savvy please take it to a shop and have them look it over and figure out what you might be doing wrong.

5. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

What brand is your GPU?

You need to make your you have the 8 pin PCIe cable connected to that GPU. It requires extra power.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!