Gettin Rid of Applications

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kaplapd

I downloaded a trail version of a CD/DVD application and I can't seem to make it go away. When I try to uninstall, I get a message saying that it can't be uninstalled because another logged on user is using the program but I am the only user. I've tried to delete the application folders directly and get the same result. I've even tried to delete the files at boot by using a utility but that doesn't work either. Anybody know how I can make it go away? Thanks very much.

Paul

this is assuming you're using Win XP.... reboot your PC and keep tapping f8..you should get a black screen with several options... you should choose the top 1: "boot in safe mode".....this should now allow you to remove any files/apps that are awkward.. just reboot when your finished =]

kaplapd

I had checked the task manager and there was nothing running. I tried the safe mode approach and it worked perfectly. Thanks very much....

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online