1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

getting a white background on yahoo search engine

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by roadtoad2, May 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. roadtoad2

roadtoad2 Thread Starter

First Name:
    c
    I don't know how to get rid of the black background that always shows on yahoo
    Incidentally, my browser is firefox

2. Simeon Naranjit

Simeon Naranjit

Have you tried another browser... Edge, Chrome, Opera to see if it is happening on those as well? This let's you know if it's browser related or specific to your computer.

3. roadtoad2

roadtoad2 Thread Starter

First Name:
    c
    I already answered this, yes, I used chrome and got the same bad results, a black background

4. Simeon Naranjit

Simeon Naranjit

Your original post didn't indicate that you used Chrome as an alternate to Firefox, it just said you used Firefox which is why I asked if you tried any other browsers.

5. roadtoad2

roadtoad2 Thread Starter

First Name:
    c
    yes, chrome is another browser, isn't it? yes, I tried it and it didn't help, I keep getting that doggone black background.Please give me another option

6. roadtoad2

roadtoad2 Thread Starter

First Name:
    c
    Yes,I'm still waiting for some more help PLEASE AND THANK YOU

7. Simeon Naranjit

Simeon Naranjit

Sorry, but I'm not sure what else to suggest. I would say it's probably a hardware issue but then you'd see similar issues in overall computer use.

8. roadtoad2

roadtoad2 Thread Starter

First Name:
    c
    I do have problems typing a g sometimes,I use 4 virus checkers that sort of fixes it

9. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    You need to remove all of your AV programs and the reinstall on one.
    One should NEVER run more than one AV program as they tend to FIGHT each other.
    What are the 4 that you have running now?

10. roadtoad2

roadtoad2 Thread Starter

First Name:
    c
    the 4 are: adw cleaner, cc cleaner, iobit malware fighter, iobit sdvanced systemcare

11. roadtoad2

roadtoad2 Thread Starter

First Name:
    c
    unless someone tells me different, I'm going to keep using those same 4 virus checkers

12. Jack1000

Jack1000

I agree with this 100%. Uninstall all AV's except for one. I use Windows Defender. Find it the most lightweight and least intrusive. I use Ad Block Plus in each browser and common sense in not opening unknown files and have not had a virus in many, many years.

Satch

13. roadtoad2

roadtoad2 Thread Starter

First Name:
    c
    OK, but, I'll use iobit advanced systemcare 11, its done me the most good over the years, and I do like ad block plus with firefox, when I can get it to work.

14. roadtoad2

roadtoad2 Thread Starter

First Name:
    c
    Also, I still can't get the white background in yahoo, my main problem is still not solved

15. Jack1000

Jack1000

Greetings,

Recent research shows that you must only have one real time AV protection on your system. More than one AV or malware blocker will conflict. You need to uninstall Iobit and Advanced System Care 11. Not only will more than one AV running in full time conflict, it will slow down your system and make your security WORSE. The reason is because each system has its own way of dealing with malware and AV protection. Code is written differently for each security system. You have security CONFLICTS in your computer. One program wants to do something one way, but it can't because the other security programs are conflicting against each other. Your speed will suffer, your reliability will suffer, and your security is worse. Not better. I would also dump CC Cleaner, It has been known to delete good things. You have way too much on your system causing conflicting protection.

Here's what to do to speed up your system and this should help with the strange background:

1.) Uninstall all of those three conflicting security programs. Uninstall CC Cleaner Reboot after each uninstall.
    2.) Clear File History and Cache from all used web browsers
    2.) Run Check Disk (You will need to run it as an administrator) Here's how to do that: (This is the most thorough way.) It will scan your system for errors and repair them.

https://www.tekrevue.com/tip/fix-hard-drives-chkdsk-windows-10/

4.) With all other security programs uninstalled, type "Windows Defender" (no quotes) in the search box. Turn it on and follow any other prompts. Windows Defender is really improved in Windows 10. It is just as good if not better than many of the paid AV products. Using this with your already used Ad Block Plus in each of your web browsers will keep you protected.

5.) Have Windows Update turned on. You can postpone the twice a year feature updates for a couple of weeks or so when released to get the bugs out. Monthly security updates should automatically install, and you should see those added ASAP. Active Hours, now called Focus Assist in build 1803 allows you to customize how and when you want to install updates or see pop-up information. You can set up to 18 hours of time for when you don't want to be distracted.

6.) Back up your data to at least two sources of your choosing. This should be at minimum all your files like pictures, documents, and bookmarks. You can do any of the following:

a. Back up to a Flash Drive
    b. Use secure online cloud based storage such as Google Drive or Microsoft One Drive
    c.) Get a second hard drive for back up.

7.) Use care in opening and downloading files. Don't do it for unknown files or email attachments from unknown senders.

You really need to have only one real time AV or malware protection program running on your system. The fact that you have around four, is the source of your problems.

Jack

NickHudson likes this.
  16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1210018

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice