getting ACPI back...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Beeblebrox

I had (still have) some hanging problems and read in some forums that people had solved similar issues by disabling ACPI. I was getting two acpi errors every time I booted. So I went to device manager and instead of ACPI set the "Computer" to "Standard PC". I didn't really even know what ACPI was, except it had something to dowith power management.
Now I can't shut down my computer the easy way. It says "it is now safe to turn off your computer" and I have to hold down the power button for 3 secs to shut it down. It used to be so easy when I could just press the button once and press enter to log off all users and then it would shut down.

Is there any way of restoring ACPI without reinstalling windows? Could System Restore be able to do it? I've never used it before so I'm hesitating...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online