1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Getting AGP and Onboard gfx errors when trying to play a game(PLZ HELP)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Aodmystic, Jan 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aodmystic

Aodmystic Thread Starter

Ok heres the most updated information. Its a fresh format of Windows XP Home and I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the drivers I have all the chipset drivers installed for the board and it still does this. I run virus scanners and they find nothing. You think maybe the MBR could be infected and I need to make a new one? But if I do this will the information on my hard drive still be retained? If not its no big deal but I would rather try to keep all my stuff that I have on my computer.

Asus P4R800-VM
    ATi Radeon 8500/ ATi IGP 9100 (onboard)
    384MB DDR RAM
    80GB Seagate HDD
    40GB Maxtor HDD
    P4 2.8Ghz w/ HT

2. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

Getting the errors on both the onboard and the add-in card, and only in games, points to a software problem rather than a hardware problem. Have you run windows update and installed the latest version of DirectX?

Also, sometimes problems like this have simple solutions, check the game's manufacturer for any updates, defrag the hard drive,make sure your motherboard chipset drivers are installed, make sure the hard drives are set for DMA.

If you can give us any more information on what your seeing; IE: blurring, stuttering, jagged lines, fuzziness, tearing, etc, it would be very useful in determining the problem.

At this point, the MBR isn't a suspect in the problem. Are you asking this due to having hard drive problems, or virus problems lately?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/435186

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice