1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Getting an Antivirus 360 software alert while using Firefox...

Discussion in 'General Security' started by Dano2, Dec 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Dano2

Dano2 Thread Starter

I have received this message twice in the last 2 weeks while using Firefox. It was trying to get me to download, obviously I didn't figuring it was a virus. Question, do I have something on my computer already that is making this open as I have pop up blocker turned on?

This is the message:
    "Attention your computer is stuck by spyware, etc please download Antivirus 360 etc....

Any help is appreciated...thanks Dano2

2. desinet1

desinet1

3. Dano2

Dano2 Thread Starter

I have Vista, is there a free anti virus that I could use to check for it? All the manual stuff is very time consuming for me right now thanks....

4. karbo

karbo Banned

Perhaps online scans from ESET or Kaspersky. They might show the problem but I'm not sure though they will remove the thing. But, I think you should stick with the removal guide provided.

5. Dano2

Dano2 Thread Starter

However the manual instructions seem to be for XP and its hard to follow for Vista...

6. Dano2

Dano2 Thread Starter

The manual steps they have seem to be for XP and are hard to follow for Vista users. Does anyone know where I can
    find either a sypware to check for Vista or Vista instructions? thanks again,,,

7. Dano2

Dano2 Thread Starter

hey no problem hope you get better, stuff is going around for sure. Actually thats what I did was install Superanti...it seemed to have found a couple things. Thanks again...so far so good...dano

8. mrss

mrss Guest

That pop-up could be more associated with a particular website than with the PC being infected.

9. Dano2

Dano2 Thread Starter

yea that was my thought as well, I only got it like twice and it really wasn't a pop up, it was like firefox just went to the website...

10. mrss

mrss Guest

If you install the Firefox noscript add-on, then you have to give it permission for a website to load anything. After that, anything that gets loaded is the users fault.

11. Dano2

Dano2 Thread Starter

where do I download Firefox noscript add-on? thanks..

12. atnskyline

atnskyline Banned

uninstal norton and get avast home and comodo firewall. these paid bloat ware like mcaffe and norton are bloatware recource hogs and have bad protection

13. WhitPhil

WhitPhil Gone but never forgotten Trusted Advisor

Could be tough uninstalling Norton, since there does not appear to any evidence that it is installed.
    "Bad protection"? I guess that is why many Corporations install this product?

14. atnskyline

atnskyline Banned

dell, hp and all the other PC manufacturers in stall trials and offers and stuff for them because they get paid a lot to do it.

15. WhitPhil

WhitPhil Gone but never forgotten Trusted Advisor

Nonsense!

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/779328

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice