1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Getting an error message on a site I work on...

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by BillHates, May 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BillHates

BillHates Thread Starter

I have worked on this site for years now and this is the first time I have gotten this message. I have up to date Firefox. I don't think anything has been changed or anything. Even the site's owner is dumbfounded by this. I have tried everything I could think of with my basic knowledge.

-Disabled/Re-enabled NoScripts add-on (I had this on and could still work with the site like normal)
    -Turn off my computer
    -Restarted my computer
    -Deleted cookies associated with the site.
    -Cleared Web Browser history
    -Signed in and signed out of site
    -Tried a different browser (same message when trying to sign in to site)

I don't know what else to do. The owner said he can do the stuff I was doing and there was no message on his end. So I am thinking it has to be from my end. Which is weird because a few days ago I was not having any trouble whatsoever with the site. I am clearly drawing a blank on what it could be. Any help would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Have you tried a different computer to make sure it's not tied to your account?

3. BillHates

BillHates Thread Starter

I have tried that right now and it gets me the same message. Even tried it on my mobile devices.

Edit: I even restarted my router. And still get this stupid message.

Last edited: May 9, 2019
  4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    If the mobile was on your wireless connection, turn it off and go on your data if you can and try again. You may need to clear the web cache on the phone

5. BillHates

BillHates Thread Starter

It's not a phone...it's a iPod Touch. I cleared the cache. Went to sign in hit enter and got the same message again.

6. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Try a different computer at a different location (i.e. not your internet/wifi) and log in. If you get the same issue on a different computer and different internet connection, then most likely it's the website.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1226937

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice