Getting annoyed with Mail!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Farmgirl22

I use Mail as my email thingamabob, and it doesn't seem to want to remember my passwords for my email accounts. Is there a way to fix it so that it doesn't keep "forgetting" the passwords? I'm getting tired of putting them in everytime...if I wanted to do that I would go directly to Gmail!!

Open up the whatchamacallit for your doohickey and enter your whatsit in the doodad for your thingamabob.

Sorry. No clue.

;)

Farmgirl22

VegasACF said:
Open up the whatchamacallit for your doohickey and enter your whatsit in the doodad for your thingamabob.

Sorry. No clue.

;)
Smart@ss!! :D

And since when did you not know something about a Mac? You are like the Mac know it all. I am shocked!!:eek: :D Just givin you a hard time!!

Since 16 minutes ago, apparently. ;)

I hope you find the answer you seek. I just couldn't resist replying.

I don't use Mail, but I think the following may get you there:
1. Open Apple Mail, click on Mail, and then click Preferences.
2. Click open Accounts, Account Information, and then Server Settings.
3. Go to the option "Remember Password".
4. Exit Apple Mail and restart it.
Your thingamabob should hopefully then function properly.
If not, well, then,,, ;)

Hi Farmgirl22:

I use Mail, and every now and then I will have the problem you describe. For some reason, a simple reboot seems to solve the problem for me.

If you already have the passworeds saved as MSM Hobbes described, try rebooting and accessing Mail and see if you still have the issue.

BTW .... I'm lovin' your signatures. (y) I'm a former city girl turned farm girl myself. :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online