Getting back deleted emails

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kellyarmstrong

Hi guys,
I checked the forums like many should do before asking, but most say oe or other names I have no idea of. My email is a sbcglobal.net address through yahoo, with internet through ATT. I'm not computer techy, so all those other email programs went over my head,

I had an email that I thought was safe that I "thought" I saved, but it got deleted. Over time the deleted emails were cleared too. (OOOPPPSSSS) I see there are certain programs to run to see if they are on the hard drive somewhere, but like I said I have no idea what email program I fall under. RIght now I have a windows 8 but it could also be on my older computer, which is a vista.

Any way to possibly get it back? Thought if anybody knew it would be you guys, or gals.

Thanks, and have a great day

TerryNet

Terry
Are you using web mail access? That is, when in your browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc.) you go to some Yahoo! or att or sbc address to access your mail? If so, the deleted message will not be on either of your computers.

If, however, you are using an email client (Vista's Windows Mail, Thunderbird, etc.) which one(s)?

kellyarmstrong

yes, i go to yahoo.com then email then put in email and password

so, it's like i thought, i missed out :-(

Thanks for letting me know

TerryNet

Terry
It is remotely possible that AT&T/Yahoo have that message on some backup. It is also remotely possible that you can persuade tech support (don't know whether to try AT&T or Yahoo! first) to try to retrieve it for you.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online