Getting Black Screen after automatic repair

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Sotos

My father tried to restart his laptop and i assume windows was updating in the backround , cause since then i cant get into the windows. I press the power button it starts loading then i get a automatic repair screen and then black screen.
I m on an ACER E5 laptop . i tried restarting 3 consecutive times but still i cant get to the start up option page i get black screen after the windows automatic repair screen.
I press f12 which is the boot options and there was no safe mode option .
I press F2 changed to legacy inserted my windows 10 cd so i can try maybe repair it that way , cd starts loading and after a while i get a black screen as well and i can hear the cd spinning stopping. ( Also tried f8 and alt f12 and f11 ) nothing to get me to the start up boot options or the safe mode.
SINCE i cant find a way to start it on the safe mode
or repair it with the windows 10 recovery dvd cause i get black screen in both cases , i dont have any other idea. PLZ HELP
ill attach95806295_353162785647895_7215798009378897920_n.jpg95750631_2584124215191619_6483397654666543104_n.jpg 2 pictures , the automatic repair screen and the boot options screen

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Hello!
Changing from UEFI to Legacy will prevent the computer from loading (will show no boot device) and you would need to install Windows 10. I would suggest switching it back unless you are prepared to lose everything and reinstall Windows.

As to getting to safe mode, that option is disabled by default. You will need to power up, then power down the machine once the windows circles boots up to get to the advance options that should have Safe Mode in it.
The instructions are here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode
Choose the From Blank/Black screen for directions.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online