Getting BSoDs

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

se7en07

Hello!

So, I have a pc that I build from pieces. It has a i5-9300, nvidia 1660 super, 700w psu, 16gb ram. My problem is that I have it for less than a year now but starting like 2 weeks ago, while running some games like league or gtfo it randomly gets a blue screen saying that it has found an error, and it restarts itself. I tried running some stress tests at first and the cpu was throttling going even at 99° or even 100°. I had a stock intel cooler but now I changed it to a hyper tx3 evo thinking that might solve the problem. But now, the temperature is ok while stress testing it, staying @75° yet the blue screen and restarts persist. I rebooter bios/windows already 3 times and always got the newest driver updates while running tests. While running stress tests, it freezes at some random moments and restarts so I guess it only does this when stressed but at this point I am lost and don't know what to do anymore. Any help would be appreciated!

se7en07

That's still a lot for my taste (it depends on idle temp) you might want to check thermal paste.
You were torturing your CPU on 100C, I really hope it was not for prolonged time because such temps reduce life span of CPU.

To continue verifying CPU try this tool:
Download Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool
After I did the stress tests, I changed the cooler fan so with that, changed the thermal paste aswell. The freezes and restarts persist altough, I noticed that before, it was doing it like 3-4 times per game and now only once or not even 🤔

the tool in link I gave you should identify any problems with CPU, you can also post a screenshot when done.

Take a look into C:\Windows, find dump files (*.DMP), zip them and share here.

OK, there are 2 options to share dump file:

1. You can upload it somewhere else, ex. One Drive or google drive, but I will not look into it because my ISP imposed some restrictions and can't do much right now, but other members might want to take a look at it.

2. You can adjust your system to create smaller (automatic) memory dumps, see link below how:
Enabling a Kernel-Mode Dump File - Windows drivers | Microsoft Docs

When you do this, follow link below to set up driver verifier, make sure you read red lines carefully:
Driver Verifier-- tracking down a mis-behaving driver. - Microsoft Community

Then reproduce BSOD issue and share fresh (smaller) dumps.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online