1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Getting computer to sleep

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Darciok, Dec 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Darciok

Darciok Thread Starter

I have recently built my computer. This is the first time for me. It is up and running just fine however one feature I like to have is the ability to put my system to sleep. How do I make this happen. My keyboard has the sleep button and of course I should be able to access that option through the start button but it does not work. I have looked through all options in the bios and see nothing that pertains to this. Am I overlooking something in bios or do I do this some other way? Please help.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    So you don't have this option:

Attached Files:

3. Darciok

Darciok Thread Starter

Yes I do have that option however when I choose it my monitor goes to sleep but my computer does not.

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Are you sure it isn't going to sleep?

5. Darciok

Darciok Thread Starter

The fans are still running at full blast. Seems like it isn't going to sleep anyway. My other computer basically shut down when put into sleep mode. I could then wake it up by moving the mouse.

6. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Make sure you have the latest Windows 7 compatible drivers installed for all the hardware.

Also it would be handy to list all the hardware in the PC as well as if its a 32 bit or 64 bit version of Windows 7.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029779

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice