getting data out of a snapshot viewer document

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ymcurtis

I have a 500 page report that was created and stored in Snapshot Viewer from a dynamic database on 8/31/2003. I had someone else run the report for me because I was out of town and it wasn’t until I needed the report information that I realized it is sorted by the wrong field.

I am looking for a solution, short of re-entering all of the data by hand to recreate the information in Excel and resort with subtotals by product category rather than by warehouse.

Is it possible to extract the information from Snapshot viewer and put it into Excel?

Copy and Paste the data?

Or some other means?

Thank you in advance for whatever assistance you can provide.

Yvonne

First Name
Anne
Yvonne:

To my knowledge, this is not possible. Have them re-run the query.

If you absolutely can't do that, then the ONLY method (which sucks) that I can suggest (and it really sucks) is to print it, scan it with OCR software, and open it in Word. (Did I say that it would really suck to have to do that?)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online