1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Getting desesperate// Vista crashes shortly after startup

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by stradf, Oct 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. stradf

stradf Thread Starter

I just bought a new computer and got Vista Ultimate 64 bits SP1. However, Vista will crash moments after opening. I will be moving my cursor and all of a sudden my cursor will stop moving and I'll be unable to do anything, except pressing the power button.

I have tried to reinstall vista and it froze during installation. Following the support guy's advice, I removed one RAM and managed to install no problem, but Vista still crashed a few minutes later anyway, althought the crashes seem less frequent.

Right now I am getting quite deseperate and thinking about returning this computer. I have simply no idea what caused that. I tried disabling AERO and everything I could think of, including all vista patches.

Config:
    Vista ultimate 64bits SP1
    Athlon AMD 5200+
    ATI HD 3650
    4 gigs of ram 2x2gis (vista installed fine the first time, bugged the second, had to remove a ram stick to make it install)

Ask away, I've tried everything, currently running memtest.

2. RootbeaR

RootbeaR

Take it back and exchange it.

3. stradf

stradf Thread Starter

Yeah, well, the company is 500 km away from here... Bought it from eBay, could always proceed like that but I love this computer.

Finally got a BSOD

STOP 0x00000124( 0x0000000000000000, 0xFFFFFA800750C030, 0x00000000B2000010, 0x0000000010C0F)

4. RootbeaR

RootbeaR

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757392

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice