1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Getting Drive not accessible incorrect function messgae

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bigdman, Feb 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdman

bigdman Thread Starter

I am having a problem accessing my CD drive and my Floppy drive. Using XP Home on an HP laptop. When I click on My Computer and click on either floppy or Cd drive I get a little box that says "F is not accessible Incorrect function" It gives this message on both Floppy and CD drives. The Cd drive is either DVD or CD and it will play a DVD. But not a CD. When I go to Properties it shows that nothing is in the drive. It will recognize a CD if I reboot since I put in my XP disk and rebooted and did a repair on the ops system, so the bios sees the drive. The repair did not take care of the problem. If I go to Control Panel and Admin Tools and then Disk management, it shows the CD drive and if I put a CD in it, it sees the CD and shows the megabit size but if I right click and say open, I get the same incorrect function message. Any suggestions??????

2. mtbird

mtbird

3. bigdman

bigdman Thread Starter

Thanks mtbird but I do not have Easy CD on my laptop. I appreciate the suggestion. Wish it had been that easy. I am using Nero. Here's is an update to my problem. I thot I'd try and see what happened if i rebooted into Safe Mode. Both the CD and Floppy function fine in Safe Mode. So now does anyone have a suggestion on how to fix this thing.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/120450

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice