1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

getting fps spikes on games such as rainbow six seige ;(

Discussion in 'Games' started by hakspro123, Aug 16, 2019.

1. hakspro123

hakspro123 Thread Starter

my specs:
    i5-3330 3.0ghz
    nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 2gb
    10gb ram ddr3
    psu:300w
    (720p monitor)

i just started experiencing this lately where i would get extreme lag spikes, from 120fps to 30 fps and then straight back up
    if i dont prioritize my game on high the lag wont stop, and i don't like prioritizing it on high because multitasking becomes impossible. all my drivers are up to date, i idk what the issue is

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Have you installed any new programs just about when this lag started happening? Check Control Panel > Programs and Features > date column. It could be that that program runs a service or a background task.

Check Settings > Update & Security > View Update History. And see if any updates installed around the start of the lag.

3. hakspro123

hakspro123 Thread Starter

Aha yes I had this app downloaded called r6 tracker which basically shows the ranks of opposing teams during a match and since it connects to two different networks and it also records ur gameplay , it actually took 40% + of my cpu usage and after deleting the app my FPS is now back to normal without lag spikes thanks a lot

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!