1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Getting HTML code when attempting to print web pages

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Johnsbug, Dec 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnsbug

Johnsbug Thread Starter

:confused: Hi out there: I am having a very unusual problem whenever I try to print out a web page. For example: when I am on a web page, such as this forum page and I want to print out the information on that page, and I call up the printer to print that page, the only thing it prints out is the HTML code, about that information.

To give you a good Idea of what I am talking about I chose to print out this very forum page. At the top is a large red bar for reading important information, followed by a small darkk blue bar, and then followed by the TITE box, and etc.

Below this text is a copy of that HTML code as my printer would have printed it out. It is only the first two lines. Now this only happens when I am printing a web page but not a letter, as I would type it out on document page

:eek:<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional ??EN" "http://www.w3c.org/T<HTML dir=ltr lang+en xmlns=http://w3.org/1999/xhtml

This is what I get when I try to copy a web page and I hope some one out there can figure it out. You can reach me by email at: [email protected]. If you can and wan to respond please email me and put "Fixing your computer problem" in the subject line so I will know it is a response from this form.

Thanks for your help

John Harvey

2. TekTime

TekTime

Hi John,

I believe you'll get an email when there's a response to your post.

What browser are you using when you get the HTML code after printing?

3. Johnsbug

Johnsbug Thread Starter

Hello Jarvis:
    Answer: The top of my browser prints what ever web page I am on then next to it it says Windows internet explore, and my computer is opperating on windows XP, and I am not a very computer savy guy so I do not know what else to tell you. If there is a better way of obtaining that information please write me and tell me how to find out what browser I am using.
    I want to thank you for replying to my forum and sending me an eamil
    John Harvey

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029266

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice