1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

getting into bios that is password protected

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by techguy41, Dec 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. techguy41

techguy41 Thread Starter

hi,

im trying to get into bios on my laptop. i tried getting into the bios and it was password protected. i forgot the password. how can i get past this?

2. pugmug

pugmug Banned

As your question can and does involve the question-do you really own the laptop I will let a mod answer this question for this site.

3. SirKenin

SirKenin Banned

Heh. Don't worry about it... The answer to the question is that you can't. There is no way of bypassing that password on a laptop. On desktops there are default passwords that can be entered, but not on a laptop.

4. pugmug

pugmug Banned

Wrong answer, but I will let it go at that. Let the owner or mods answer this question. No problems I hope and have a nice day.

5. SirKenin

SirKenin Banned

Heh, it isn't the wrong answer. Those "password crackers" that you can download don't work... If they do, you can PM me a link of one that you've successfully tried. I'd love to add it to my collection.

6. pugmug

pugmug Banned

As I said before,I will let it go but do not think for one minute that anyone with access to high clearence programs in computers,not even top secret programs can't do it you are fooling yourself.Again have a nice day. And we are not talking 007 stuff.

7. SirKenin

SirKenin Banned

Oooooooooookk... And every double agent man is just dying to find the top secret info hidden in your BIOS :rolleyes:

Do some basic research on the internet. If that was even remotely possible, someone, somewhere, would have posted it by now. Dr. Evil isn't exactly hiding the top secret formula in his top secret underground volcano lair...

8. pugmug

pugmug Banned

You are funny but to answer your can't be done answer,sorry but yes it can.For the third time have a nice day.

9. techguy41

techguy41 Thread Starter

dude, what the heck!!! i forgot the password. why wouldnt i own the laptop

oh and i reset the password to the BIOS so ha.

10. SirKenin

SirKenin Banned

lol :D That's funny. Resetting it works, but cracking it doesn't.

Too funny. hehe

11. pugmug

pugmug Banned

My name is not dude and I do not know you, but how do I know that I can let you have this info after 9 11 or that you own the laptop? What would you do in today's world if you were myself? Just let the owner or mods of this site answer this question.

12. pugmug

pugmug Banned

SirKenin,were not you the one that said it could not be done?

13. techguy41

techguy41 Thread Starter

thats a stupid question, what would i do if i were you. i would answer the question being asked. and whats ur point about 9 11, its just a stupid little incident

14. pugmug

pugmug Banned

Your words speak a great deal of your intellect.

15. techguy41

techguy41 Thread Starter

oooooooooo, scary.......................................... not

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/429135

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice