Getting knocked off internet when i have a connection

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

EGolly

Hi, i dont know if this is an actual problem with Windows 7 but i have gotten the dongle checked, uninstalled, reinstalled and then lastly replaced and im still getting problems with connection. Im on the 3 network in Northern Ireland with a Dell laptop. Sometimes it works fine although can be really slow but i always blame the weather etc. There is a problem with concerns me tho, alot of the time i cannot get onto any websites, even the 3 website when i get connected to internet. The wireless information is coming up that im connected with a HSDPA connection and it says this is the fastest. However when i try to go on facebook for example it comes up that "internet explorer cannot display the page" when i go to diagnose the problem the one thing that repeatedly comes up is that the DNS server is not responding or cannot be found. What does this mean and how can i fix it? What is the point in having a good internet connection but not being able to go onto any websites. Any help would be appreciated. I have taken the laptop with dongle back to supplier who sold it as part of a deal and contract and have been told that i cannot break the contract which is stupid seeing as its not fullfilling the contract in the first place as i cant surf :mad:. Do you think this is a problem with the actual laptop, the dongle or windows 7? Thanks

TerryNet

First Name
Terry
Please show the following for when you have a good connection (even if it's slow) and for when you can't access any web pages ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

antech

Banned
Please ask your ISP if you have a Static IP or a Dynamic one.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online