1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Getting logged out

Discussion in 'Site Help, Feedback, & Announcements' started by Phantom010, Nov 4, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor Thread Starter

Well, now it's happening to me too. For the past few days, I've been getting logged out pretty often. Cookies, Temporary Internet Files and History have been deleted... Nothing new on my system. :confused:

2. Phantom010

That's odd! It stopped logging me out. No matter what I do, I can't reproduce it. Could my Java issue HERE be related?

3. Phantom010

Nope, just got logged out again, without any reason. :(

4. valis

valis Moderator

I've not had any issues......have others been having this problem? This is the first I've heard of it. I'm assuming you've dumped your cache and cookies?

5. Phantom010

6. valis

valis Moderator

pretty sure that's a VB issue, then. I've got a buddy with the same problem on his site. You log in, tick 'remember me', and once you click on the home forum page, kerblammo, yer outta there.

7. Phantom010

Or, a problem with session cookies?

8. Firebreather

Firebreather

FF remembers all my passwords for me and signs me in! So, I'm tension-free!! :D

9. Phantom010

The problem seems to be happening mainly when I'm typing a reply, if it's taking a little longer...

10. hewee

hewee

Make No reply's and problem will be solved. Case close. (y);)

11. Phantom010

Maybe you're right. I'll be an outside observer instead. :D

12. sepala

sepala

Doubtful. If yes, all of us have to have that issue.

13. Phantom010

Might be a vBulletin issue indeed. Maybe the session table needs to be cleaned?

14. hewee

hewee

Or maybe the password cookie expired but alway here I don't think so. Over at Calendar of Updates they have had SQL Server trouble that has made it hard getting to the site and it be down a long time and others were saying they had to login but some did not have to login.
    I looked at my cookie and it showed it just expired two minutes ago so I just made it to the site with the cookie.
    The password cookie for that site expires in a short time. Was just there and now it says it expires: Sunday, November 04, 2012 12:21:56 PM so guess it's only good for 24 hours before it has to be renewed either by showing up at the site that logs you right in if you keep the cookies or you need to login by typing it out or using the password manager.

For TSG the password expires: Monday, April 09, 2012 8:39:06 PM for me so I says I'am good for a long time.

A session cookies should have no effect because I'am always clearning session cookies and have a cookie button on the toolbar I click on all the time to clear them so Mike does not track going to another tech site. :p

15. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    Cookies sometimes get corrupt. Try logging out, then use your browser to clear all cookies from techguy.org and forums.techguy.org

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1025452

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice