1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Getting more resources to media files

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jhonni107, Sep 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jhonni107

jhonni107 Thread Starter

On my computer's C folder is 232 GB but 198 of GB is free. how do I allot more memory into my program files, especially into media, when I try to record my voice on my mic it tells me I don't have enough memory for this,
    or simply designing a new wallpaper using only paint and irfanview, my whole screen goes wonky and I'm told to close some programs to conserve resources. I do this work all the time and this has never happened before. any suggestions about how to get more memory into my programs?
    thanks, jhona

2. JennyJackson01

JennyJackson01

You don`t say how much memory the computer has but as a guide, you should have at least 512 to run it somewhere near properly and preferably 1024 or higher depending on what the mobo will take.

Press the Win key + Pause/Break to bring up System Properties. After clicking on the Advanced tab, click Performance settings, then the Advanced tab and make sure the Memory Usage button is on Programs and not System cache.

While you`re in that area, click Change under Virtual memory and set it to `system managed size`, OK it and reboot to see if that helps.

Jenny

3. JennyJackson01

JennyJackson01

I`ve just noticed that there seems to be two threads on this from the same user ...

4. valis

valis Moderator

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1018355