Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting music from the source

448 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Couriant 
#1 ·
since i did Not see a specific choice ..figured i'd post here .... ooopsie if i did not get to the best spot :rolleyes:

just got a new receiver Denon AVR X4700H i expected to be able to simply plug in my
Ipod classic,
into the front panel Usb port, have it play like my older model Denon did

:( no such luck does not recognize it...

tho i did get some "noise" from using a 3.5 plug, into the headphone jax of the ipod, routed that to the RCA Phono jax in the rear
came out all distorted ,,, uggh :ROFLMAO:

now, some of what i read, though my comprehension is admittedly questionable, i could ..perhaps..
access my i tunes library ? from the PC ...and get the AVR to recognize that = "share" that music folder ?!?

but ...How ? my whole system ; computer / TV / receiver is wired, ethernet cable ....
had to put an app on my phone to access Pandora thru the HEOS ...but nothing thus far, gives me the ability
to play my itunes library on the new receiver (n)

help :ROFLMAO::cry::ROFLMAO:

See less See more
#3 ·
How did you connect it originally? Apple iPod Classic doesn't have much of connectivity from what I know.

I assume for networking the AVR to a computer, you would need some kind of software to interface with the AVR and computer. Have you checked with the vendor?

#4 ·
the older Denon's Usb allowed the ipod to connect, read it, No problem !
evidently, newer tech wants "airplay" used ...whatever that is

i simply figure ,,they want us to buy newer...even when one does not need it

the classic, works fine ! 160gb/ holds all 18K songs, and expanding...but
no wireless capability :sneaky:

#5 ·
I looked at the interactive manual and it looks like it could be a format issue. I haven't had to use an iPod in a loooooong time so I don't know what format it's using.

Rectangle Font Parallel Number Screenshot

Worse case scenario, you can purchase a dock that uses the Red/White audio. I had one for my iPod.

Or purchase this Apple Composite Cable

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.