1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Getting my pc case off

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Mobo007, Jan 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mobo007

Mobo007 Thread Starter

Hi,

I bought a Cicero SP2520E Computer and the side pannels are in two seperate pecies. I can take the back 3/4 of the side panels of but the front 1/3 is held on with round screws with round holes. How do i get this off???? And also the other side is one complete panel but its screwed on with round screws with round circle how do i get in to my computer so i can install a dvd burner???

Thanks In advance,

Liam

2. buck52

buck52 Banned

possibly a security screw of some sort...drill them out
    maybe pop rivets...drill them out

buck

3. Mobo007

Mobo007 Thread Starter

yah thats what ya call them pop rivets but there must be away to get them out with out damaging the case cause futureshop offerd to install the burner when i bought my computer but they were gonna charge me $50 so i said i'd do it my self so if they offerd there must be an easy way to get it off

4. buck52

buck52 Banned

they should drill out easily but you'll need either new rivets or very small machine screws with nuts to reassemble

buck

5. wedor

wedor

Why do you think you need to remove the front to do this?

6. boyoh53

boyoh53

I believe the pop rivets are put there to make it as difficult as possible to get it opened. We have one "sealed" with pop rivets
    I think because of extended warranty. Maybe wrong. ;)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/196158

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice