Getting NIC to uninstall.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

diegolawless

Hello!

This is my first time to these boards and i was wondering if somebody might be able to give me a little bit of help. My problem is that about four days ago, i came home to all of my computers in my network turned off. (when i ussually leave them all on 24/7) Ever since, I have not been able to get one of my computers to connect to the internet. ( i also think my router is fried ) Prevously, everything worked fine with updated drivers, virus protection, firewall and whatnot. I know that the modem works and that the cable connection is ok because im on the internet from another computer i have. When i hook that rj45 up to my NIC, it show that it is connected, but it can't renew its IP Address...

So, i tried disabling it, enabling it, turning modem on/off, ipconfig/release+renew, deleting winsock + winsock2 from regestry ( it was suggested to me...) what else..... system restore to a prevous date. reinstalling drivers. So after all that i figured that the onboard LAN was fried, so i decided to use a new NIC. Only problem, i can't for the life of me get the old onboard NIC to uninstall, ive tried in safemode ( it comes back ) messing with the registry, showing hidden devices and deleting everything, having both installed at once, unistalling onboard after installing new NIC......i'm getting bummed out over all this.....So anyways, apoligies for the long post but i needed to elaborate on what ive done so far. Anybody have any pointers at all? ( oh and ive tried doing some research on this, couldn't find anything, thats why im here. ) Thank You!

-Windows XP Pro sp2
-radeon 9800pro
-512mb crucial ram
-athlon64 2800+
-MSI neo-fsr
-onboard LAN=realtek RTL8169 Family Gigabit Ethernet (not working)
-new NIC=Netgear PCI FA312 REV-A1 (not working with onboard )

Oh yeah, im connecting directly to my modem with a cable i know works.

Have you tried turning off all pc's, the router and the modem for 30 secs . . then turn on the Modem and let it stabilize, then turn on the router and then one pc at a time to see if they will get an IP address from the router>

TerryNet

Terry
Not sure I understand what you're trying to do. Are you trying to uninstall an integrated NIC? And as soon as you boot again Windows "discovers new hardware" and kindly reinstalls it?

If this is what you are trying to do, I suggest instead that you just disable the NIC (Device Manager - right click on the NIC - select "Disable"). You could always rip the NIC out of the mother board, but this might disturb some other component. :)

diegolawless

yeah i tried just turning of the modem for 30sec, i couldn't get it to work. i guess my problem is that everytime i unistall the onboard lan from device manager, it reinstalls itself when i reset the computer. Any thoiughts on that?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online