1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Getting No Signal Input at random times

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by starlight222, Nov 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starlight222

starlight222 Thread Starter

I've had this PC for about a year and a half now. Initially I ran with windows xp, everything worked like a charm for a few months but suddenly my screen would go black, the "No Signal Input" warning would pop up and after 30 seconds or so the machine would restart. During these 30 seconds sounds would continue to play as if nothing was wrong but in the end the sound would jam too and that's when it reset. Also, when the "No Signal Input" thing popped up the graphics card fan would start running at full speed.

At first I assumed it was some kind of simple problem like the graphics card not being seated well or something, I tried taking it out several times and placing it back in but it didn't help, I also tried switching the ram sticks around but that didn't help either, tried using a different power supply but that also didn't work.

I was about to give up and take it back to the store to have it looked at but after taking off both side lids and placing it horizontally it started working again for a while. After a few days the problem came back, I set it back up vertically, tried taking the power cord out and pressing the power button for 30 secs but that didn't work either and after a few more days the problem just went away by itself apparently.

This was almost one year ago and for one year everything worked perfectly. A few days ago a friend touched the wires coming out of the back of the unit slightly by accident and the problem came back.

Now I'm running windows 7, tried everything I tried before but the problem persists. The only change with windows 7 being that when the "No Signal Input" warning pops up the graphics card fan no longer starts running at full speed.

I also tried setting the graphics card fan to 100% thinking maybe it was overheating but I still got the "No Signal Input" and I wasn't even playing a game with high system requirements.

Sometimes after a crash like this I would get another crash right after windows finished loading or even before windows fully finished loading. Sometimes these crashes occur while I'm just listening to music (no visualizations) and sometimes I can play games for days with everything maxed out and nothing will happen. Tried running stress tests on the card but nothing happened, temperatures remained normal too.

When these crashes occur if I try to keep the power button pressed until the machine powers off the keyboard lights will remain lit even after it shuts down.

This is what I'm using atm:
    - Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300
    - Motherboard Model: ASUS P5P43TD PRO
    - 2x 2048 MB PC3-12800 DDR3 SDRAM Kingston
    - Video Card: Sapphire RADEON HD 5770

Any help will be truly appreciated.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1027791

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice