Getting old is hell

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

higbee

I'm using Windows ME which gave me an error message to restart my computer. After I restarted, the print appears to be slightly smaller. Also looks like the web page is slightly smaller. Being old with eye sight getting worse seemingly daily, it makes it much harder to read the computer screen. Can anyone tell a crotchety old man how to restore my screen to the original size? Thanks in advance since I have to go out and buy new glasses now.

Higbee

What was the error message?

Try this:
Right click a blank area on your desktop, click properties then settings. Reset screen resolution from there.

higbee

The screen went into what looked like a DOS mode. Don't remember the exact message but said something to the effect that Windows has detected and error and to do a Control-Alt-Delete to restart.

Tried the right click on the blank area but the properties menu didn't give me a settings option.

Thanks.

Higbee

telecom69

Gone but never forgotten
In your toolbar at the top of the screen do you have two capital letter A's if so click on them and you can alter the size of the print..... if not right click on a blank area of the toolbar then click on customize,you will be presented with two boxes in the left one you will see the A's I mean, so click on them then on add and they will then appear on your toolbar and you can do as I said alter the size of the fonts

Hey higbee, my Dad is 84 and has a 98 machine and a "new" 2000 pro machine and uses both daily. He seems to like "play" with the settings and usaully gets things so screwed up, I have to make a four hour trip to get him straightened out so he can read his hotmail. If you can find a way to completely lock everything, let me know would you?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online