1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Getting on to wifi

Discussion in 'Android Mobile Devices' started by collb2013, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. collb2013

collb2013 Thread Starter

Can someone please help, I have a N900 Android Tablet the first week I had it everything was fine but now after a week it wont connect to my wireless internet. I have put in the right password and my laptop and phone are connected to it and working fine but the tablet will just not connect. Its not giving a error message its just not connecting. Please help :(

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I don't claim to know anything about the tablet, but this dance often works with computers ...

Disable encryption on the router and try to connect. If successful you can probably re-enable encryption and reconnect.

3. collb2013

collb2013 Thread Starter

Thank you TerryNet ... hears a bit of a dumb question as im not very up on all this tec stuff ... how do I disable encryption on my router?????

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Login to the router (preferably using an ethernet connection), navigate to the wireless section and set the Encryption (or Security) Mode to 'none' or 'off' or similar. Consult the router user guide for more specifics.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1087349

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice