Getting out of BIOS with shattered laptop screen

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jsturgeo

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but my girlfriend recently gave me her old laptop that had a shattered screen for me to connect to my tv and just use for watching Hulu while playing a game or doing homework. I connected the laptop, and it would seem that someone who tried to help her fix it before I did tried to put it into BIOS with an external monitor hooked up for some reason (this is just conjecture of course, as I can only see flashing blue and the word 'option' in white text whenever I start the computer up). It loads up in BIOS whenever I turn it on, and I can't see the screen to figure out how to get out of it- anything I can do?

Laptop has Windows 10 and is an ASUS X551MA

managed

Allan
Have you tried connecting it to the TV yet ? You might get a display if you do.

managed

Allan
One of the F keys may switch between the laptop screen and an external one, I think it's F8 for that laptop, you may have to hold down the function key Fn while you press it.

Try connecting a computer monitor if you can.Try the above when connected to the TV as well.

jsturgeo

Don't have a monitor to connect and tried t with the tv. I think it's just the F8 button that is supposed to switch between, but that doesn't work either.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online