Getting Peacock TV

rudy13

LG OLED TV using Web OS 3.0
though i was able to do a web search, find Peacock and clik on it,.... once i clik on the "sign-in" it pretty much goes blank ... lookin around, online, seems that 3.0 will not satisfy the requirements ....Peacock says 3.5 or higher, from what i could find
LG , for my unit ...4 y o... won't update ....is there a way around this ?

ya know...other than buying a new T V :rolleyes:

cwwozniak

Chuck
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Have you looked into getting a Google Chromecast device you can attach to the TV via HDMI?

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Or an Amazon Fire Stick, which we have a couple because Amazon had sales on it. Do you have a game console? XBox and PS4 will have the app.

The Chromecast would be a good option as you can stream from their web player to ChromeCast

Does your TV have any update feature to get the OS to a higher version?

rudy13

the extraneous hardware , is a step i did not / do not feel like making ...nor is any of it so important , to add that stuff
no , no other games / consoles etc ...

i was actually thinking that "updates"
(meaning greater than my 3.0)
might be available, from a third party ?
even if L G does not bother to go that route
that for ex; i'd get on the computer and download to the T V via flash drive ...:unsure:
never did that sort of thing ... but ..
sort of suspect it might / could be available ?

so, wondering if there was a thought on that or something similar ...from those here ...

thanx

the extraneous hardware , is a step i did not / do not feel like making ...nor is any of it so important , to add that stuff
no , no other games / consoles etc ...

i was actually thinking that "updates"
(meaning greater than my 3.0)
might be available, from a third party ?
even if L G does not bother to go that route
that for ex; i'd get on the computer and download to the T V via flash drive ...:unsure:
never did that sort of thing ... but ..
sort of suspect it might / could be available ?

so, wondering if there was a thought on that or something similar ...from those here ...

thanx
I had to do that same procedure with an old (brand new to me back in the day) DVD Blueray player. I had to to to Samsungs website and download the update to thumb drive and then insert the said drive into DVD BR player and update my firmware for said unit.

You'll need to contact LG for your specific TV model and see if they have a firmware update for your TV.....then do as I did.

Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online