Getting photos from camera to PC

iluvtolaff

I can't get photos from my camera to Windows 10.

When I had Win7, I would connect the camera to the PC via usb. The PC would create a new drive and I was able to get them from there.
But it won't work with Win10. Maybe my camera is to old? Fuji from 10 years ago.

Help?!

I was afraid of that. Sounds like you'll need to connect said camera to a windows 7 PC. You might get lucky (very doubtful due to it's age) and see if you camera has a driver/firmware update for windows 10.

iluvtolaff

I was afraid of that. Sounds like you'll need to connect said camera to a windows 7 PC. You might get lucky (very doubtful due to it's age) and see if you camera has a driver/firmware update for windows 10.
So, I can't do it on Win10 at all?

I can't get photos from my camera to Windows 10.

When I had Win7, I would connect the camera to the PC via usb. The PC would create a new drive and I was able to get them from there.
But it won't work with Win10. Maybe my camera is to old? Fuji from 10 years ago.

Help?!
Have you tried "Computer" and seeing if the camera camera is listed as one of the usb "drives"? If so, you should be able to get into the file folders and copy/paste to your computer.

iluvtolaff

I've looked under This PC, and found nothing. No new drive appears at all.

crjdriver

A few things you can try;
1 In the camera settings, set usb to auto or mass storage. Now attempt to plug in the camera and see if it works
2 If that does not work, with the camera connected go to control panel>device mgr>camera. See if you can update the driver via windows update

crjdriver

If both of those do not work AND there is no update from the camera mfg, then it is too old to work with win 10.

iluvtolaff

Well, the camera is too old. Off to buy a new one.

Thank you, everyone, for your help!

Well, the camera is too old. Off to buy a new one.

Thank you, everyone, for your help!
Suggestion: Now days mobile phones tend to have a better cameras then most of your "point n shoot" type digital cameras. Again, depending on budget and camera type and what you want to do with camera.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online