Getting photos from camera to PC

plodr

Liz
I take pictures with my android phone and tablets. The images are better than the two digital cameras we own.

Rather than buying a new camera, remove the sd card from the camera, put it into an sd card reader, attach it to the computer through a USB port and copy the photos to the PC that way.
I stopped attaching cameras to computers at least 10 years ago. The sd cards go into either a card reader or an sd slot on the computer to copy the images. (That was before I started using android to take pictures.)

Rather than buying a new camera, remove the sd card from the camera, put it into an sd card reader, attach it to the computer through a USB port and copy the photos to the PC that way.
OP camera does not have a SD card/slot at all. I would have suggested exactly what you're suggesting.

That said; I do exactly what you do with my iPhone and my android when I had it. Especially with an Android phone and "Backup and Sync" from Google on a PC to keep both synced. Works great with my iPhone.

iluvtolaff

Suggestion: Now days mobile phones tend to have a better cameras then most of your "point n shoot" type digital cameras. Again, depending on budget and camera type and what you want to do with camera.
I can't use a cellphone for pics. I only have the use of one hand since my stroke. I can't even take a selfie, else the phone falls out of my hand.
Nice suggestion though.

There used to be an option in Windows called "comparability mode" where you could set windows to act like an earlier version of Windows. If Windows 10 still has that option, you might be able to set it for Windows 7, and see if it works.

I wouldn't give up on the camera. Make sure the camera is on and not asleep when you connect it to the PC.

I have a 20 year old Nikon Coolpix 995. It came with a 16MB Compact Flash card but I have a 512MB Compact Flash card in it now.

I just connected it to two different Windows 10 PCs with its USB cable. It connected fine to each one. Here is an example with my laptop.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
One thing, one must use a USB CAMERA cable as any other will not make a valid connection!

There used to be an option in Windows called "comparability mode" where you could set windows to act like an earlier version of Windows. If Windows 10 still has that option, you might be able to set it for Windows 7, and see if it works.
Its called "Compatibility Mode" and yes it is still available in Windows 10

plodr

Liz
MisterEd51, you are fortunate.
I have an HP Photosmart from 2003. It uses sd cards. The booklet said only up to 128MB supported.
I couldn't find any that small. I wrote to support and got a reply that it was tested up to 256MB. (I have a few I'm safe-guarding!)

Of course high speed sd cards are not supported. Now you can't find any small capacity and non-highspeed cards.
I now take pictures with my phone and tablet.

One thing I forgot to mention was I am not sure all digital cameras work by directly plugging them into the USB. Some may require special software. The OP should check to see if there is software for the Fuji Finepix to transfer pictures.

Note that my Nikon Coolpix camera came with software like that to transfer pictures to a PC but I rarely used it because I really didn't need it.

MisterEd51, you are fortunate.
I have an HP Photosmart from 2003. It uses sd cards. The booklet said only up to 128MB supported.
I couldn't find any that small. I wrote to support and got a reply that it was tested up to 256MB. (I have a few I'm safe-guarding!)

Of course high speed sd cards are not supported. Now you can't find any small capacity and non-highspeed cards.
I now take pictures with my phone and tablet.
It is strange that you can't get a SD Card that works for you. I just checked with Amazon and see that they still make CompactFlash cards. In fact they still sell the 16MB CompactFlash card that I got with my camera in 2000.

1598138463669.jpeg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online