1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Getting pop up every start up, can't tell where it's from

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Firedrops, Oct 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firedrops

Firedrops Thread Starter

Since about a month ago, I started getting this error message every time I start my computer.

"An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000В). Please reinstall the product or contact support."

On googling it, other people seemed to always know exactly what software is being problematic, hence troubleshooting is easy.

But I have no idea what's causing this pop-up. It provides no other information, and the only thing I can click on is "OK". I haven't noticed any start up programs or any program at all being abnormal yet.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to find this program?

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

You might try the process of elimination approach.

De-select a few, say maybe 5, startup programs, reboot and see if the pop-up went away.

If the pop-up is still there, you know it must not be one of those 5 deselected programs. So, re-select those, deselect the next 5 and reboot.

If the pop-up did disappear though, you now know that it must be 1 those 5 deselected programs that is causing the problem ... which is cool because you now have a much narrower list to wade through. So, re-activate all but 1 of those 5 programs and reboot. Pop-up? If yes, you now know the deactivated program is not the problem. If no though -- Bingo! -- you found the program causing the pop-up.

Here's How to Disable Startup Programs in Windows

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!