1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

getting pops on burning audio cd's

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by djbush, Aug 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. djbush

djbush Thread Starter

On my HP cd writers, When I burn an exact copy
    of audio cd's ( any brand , I get popping sounds on my speakers of the burned cd. This occurs on all diff brands of cd's -r, and even when I lowered the speed of the burn to 4x , It still has pops. Do you think my cd burner is defective or can it be my adaptec software, if it occurs each time I burn cds and even use diff brands of rewritable cd's? Please reply, Jason 8/15/01

2. Max19

Max19 Account Disabled

First, verify that the CDR or CDRW disks you're using are rated for the speed at which you are burning them. Even though you lowered the speed to 4X, do the disks say specifically 4X or higher? If they don't say anything, burn them at 2X.

Second, are you having problems with all of your audio CDs or just ones that you've purchased recently, maybe in the last few months? Try burning an older CD. Rumor is that record companies are employing technology to ruin the quality of copies.

3. Paul D

Paul D

Not quite on topic, but I recently burnt a copy of a new commercial CD. All the music was there, but the end of track markers were all over the place, not one was at the true end of a track.
    I had to rip all the tracks one by one to make a good copy.

4. Shadow2531

Shadow2531

That's what I usually do if I have problems; I rip all audio tracks 1 by 1 use "EAC" at http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/ and use error correction and other functions available in EAC to get great quality tracks. EAC displays a report of the quality of each track ripped. Once you have all the tracks ripped with no errors in them and you listen to them and find no errors, you can burn the tracks to CD.

If you still get bad CDs, then you may have a crappy burner or software/hardware settings could be wrong.

EASY CD Creator isn't that good of a program. I like nero myself

[Edited by Shadow2531 on 08-16-2001 at 02:52 AM]

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/50843

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice