1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Getting previous pages to LOAD faster... How to?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by BigDaveinNJ, Feb 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BigDaveinNJ

BigDaveinNJ Thread Starter

I have a 56K dial-up connection and I know I am quite limited with surfing speed. I use IE6 and I have heard that there is a way... I believe it has something to do with CACHE, where you can go back to a web page you just were at a few minutes ago ... and ... instead of it taking forever to RE-LOAD, it will load in quickly.

I don't mind a previously viewed page taking awhile to load if it is constantly updated, especially with a lot of images but I hate it when you have to wait for the exact same page to load in.... all over again.

How can I improve this? Are there any browser settings or other settings somewhere in WIN98se that I should tweak? Or, perhaps there is some other program I could use to help me with this frustrating situation.

Thanks in advance :)

DAVID

2. Del

Del

In IE, go to Tools > Internet Options and Settings.
    Where it says, Check for New versions of pages, what is checked and what is set as amount of disk space used for files??

3. BigDaveinNJ

BigDaveinNJ Thread Starter

Thanks DEL.... OK, it is set to check for newer versions of pages EVERYTIME I START INTERNET EXPLORER.... also, there is 10MB set as the limit for temporary internet files, as was suggested by Brian (not sure) or someone on this site a couple of years ago.

Does this tell you anything? Also... i have an option set somewhere to Delete all of my TIFs whenever IE is closed.

Thanks again.

DAVID

4. Del

Del

Change it to automatically. What is happing is that it goes back to the site everytime you hit the back button.:D

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/117101

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice