Getting programs to start at boot

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Dingus

I think this one willbe easy for the experts.

Can anyone tell me how to get a program to start on bootup.
I've tried placing them in the c:\Windows\start directory but that seems to just place it in the start menu.

Put a shortcut of the executable file that starts the program in the StarUp folder. The path of the Startup folder is C:\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp.

Another way you can get a program to start on bootup is to change the options or preferences for that program. Some programs have the option to start on bootup and some do not.

I hope this helps!

Dingus

Nlcaravan, thanks for that it worked a treat. One problem I had was finding the directory you told me about. I have Windows ME, which hides it.

:D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online