Getting rid of old e-mail address

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bastet

I'm sure there's a simple answer for this, but I can't figure it out.

I gave my mom my old computer (98), set it up for her using a different server. I thought I had erased, deleted any signs of my server, but she still gets some of my mail on her computer. Maybe I'm even using the wrong language trying to describe this problem but any help will really be appreciated. Oh yes, I still get mail, but not all of it. Thank you, Bastet

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Hi bastet

What e-mail programs were you using to collect messages on the Windows 98 machine?

Outlook Express?
Outlook? -version?
Thunderbird?
Netscape?
Other?

What program is your mom currently using as her e-mail program?

If Outlook Express was used and is currently being used:
Tools > Accounts > Mail tab
should show the Accounts that exist.

Let us know.

bastet

Thank you for answering EAFiedler. I was using Outlook 2000, and she is now using Earthlink. Bastet

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Is Outlook 2000 still installed on the machine?
If so, did you Remove all the Profiles?
Control Panel > Mail Icon > Show Profiles > Remove

Is your Mom using Earthlink's web based mail or does she use an e-mail program to download the messages to the hard drive?

Do you both use the same ISP?

bastet

Yes, Outlook 2000 is still installed. I could un-install it, I know she'll never use it or any other Office programs. She wants it mainly for e-mail. When I get back to her house on Friday I will do as you suggest.

We do not use the same ISP. I think she uses Earthlinks Web based mail. I was trying to keep everything the same and simple for her. I can find this out Friday and get back with it. I really appreciate the help. Bastet

bastet

Everything done and taken care of. Thanks for your help! Bastet :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online