1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Getting Rid Of Ubuntu Linux

Discussion in 'Linux and Unix' started by omgitsderkk, Oct 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. omgitsderkk

omgitsderkk Thread Starter

Okay I have checked around for a few days now on different ways to get rid of this. I have a hard drive that is full-partitioned to linux. The first step I took was to run fdisk.exe I can run it successfully but once I get there I try to use and option and it goes to that option and freezes. The next thing I tried was to use a partitioning program (if anyone has a free bootable partiotioning program please post a link) It wont work with Linux even with WINE. So if anyone has any way to get rid of Ubuntu please help me out.

I have a second problem. I have another hard drive that has Windows 98 on it. I installed Windows 98 Standard Edition then upgraded to Second Edition. After I did that I installed an Age Of Empires 2 Demo. When I restarted my computer the Windows loading screen would come up then a weird flash would happen and It would sit there with a black screen. Now what happens is it says there is a Windows Loading Error and I need to re-start my computer. But everytime I restart there is a loading error. I ran Ubuntu from the disk for a little to try and see what was wrong in the files. Now when I start it up it wont boot disk and all it give me in a command prompt screen with C:\>

Thanks in advance for any help you can get me. Im willing to wipe the entire hard drive and start from scratch.

2. arochester

arochester

http://gparted.sourceforge.net/

If you have a C prompt what happens if you type: Win

Normally you have to "Fix the MBR" (Master Boot Record) to fully remove Linux and the Boot. It can be done different ways depending on which Windows you have. Google: fix mbr

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/756726

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice