1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

getting started with video production

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by donnielighto, Jul 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. donnielighto

donnielighto Thread Starter

I am kinda new to the whole world of video production but *stars in eyes* would like to be able to produce short films that ideally can mix animation with live action. What I have in my head as a dream piece of software is something that will allow me to see frame by frame what is on a piece of film footage so that I can add a layer of animation over the top.

I've been googling for a while now and can't seem to get a handle on the right starting point (i.e. which software, preferably freeware) to use

Can anyone help?

Don

2. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

Go to www.dvdrhelp.com and see the guides in the left hand menu.

There's plenty of freeware ways to do what your asking. None of them are easy.

Blaze media pro, may fit the ticket. http://www.blazemp.com/

3. thecoalman

thecoalman

You need a video editor that supports overlays. And animation software that supports outputting overlays. Some animators do both but I'm not aware of one that does both well. Ulead Cool 3-D for example you can create simple animations, you can use a video as the background and animate objects. The way I use it is too import the background to use as a reference to create the animation then remove the video and output as a sequential overlay.... if you use TGA it will output the files with a transparent background. theses files can then be imported into a video editor that supports it. It's great for making titles and other things but again it's for simple work.

I haven't used it but Wax is supposed to be very similar and it's free, might be a good starting point if you're just experimenting at this point:

http://www.debugmode.com/wax/

One thing to note is that both of these applications are very CPU and Graphics card intensive....

The site mentioned above is a great place to learn more for using both. Once you get the animator figured out you can move onto the editor part. ;)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/482411

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice