Getting thru "one of those days"

TechGuy

Mike
Administrator
What do you do to get through "one of those days"? I usually have a Hershey's bar (Hershey, PA is only an hour or so from here, by the way)... listen to some CNET Radio and try to forget about everything. The problem is that only more things stack up then! Sometimes, I'll just take a break from the world, get away from my phone, and write down everything. That usually helps. Just start putting them in order of priority and get down to work. Then again, maybe I should come here more often and waste time starting new threads in Random -- nah, I might get addicted. :)

Hey Mike you have to relax so go ahead and have some fun.

You know your love it so do it. :D

First off, Hiyas Mike! Nice to see you in Random, and yes it is addicting down here.

Me personally? I do the same, but it has to be a Cadbury's chocolate bar or it just isn't chocolate. A good movie to stop my mind from being preoccupied with what is bothering me...or as you said I write it down...either here at TSG or at my on-line diary.

Oh ya, and a nice hot bubble bath always helps with a cup-a-tea.

So what's on your mind TG? You ok?

Too late - we got you now! LOL

When was the last time you took time off and I don't mean a couple of hours - days? You don't want to burn out there buddy because then you'd hate what you're doing.

For me, for just "one of those days" I do what you've been doing usually. But I have been known to hide under my desk (really) it was my way of saying NOOOOOOO MORE Please. If that doesn't work my family avoids me for a while because I'm not fit to live with. Sorry this is the best I could do for you. :rolleyes:

TechGuy

Mike
Administrator
Oh, I'm fine -- just letting a lot of little things get the better of me. But, I feel that realizing that that's happening is an important step in reversing it. :) Anyway, just a lot going on -- always a thousand people pulling me in a thousand different ways. Can't please everyone all the time, ya know. Nothing to do with this site, btw -- don't start fretting. And then, I just found out this morning that a friend got hurt pretty bad slipping on some ice -- is in ICU this morning. :(

Anyway, the movie is a great one -- nothing like forcing yourself to sit down and concentrate on something entertaining to get you back on track. The only thing Cadbury I like are their Easter Eggs -- which should be out soon, right?! :)

What you do is remember, "the world won't end if it's not done now"? Then decide what almost will :p and do that.

M

MadDogMugsy

TechGuy - are you blue?
Do you know how much you mean to the rest of us?
You are my cyber hero
:D
:p
... on 'one of those days' - I come here
:rolleyes:
THANK YOU FOR THIS

I hope your friend is doing okay - sending some positive vibes your way

hugs
Louise
MDM

deh

I can tell you what I do After one of those days.

Is that a beer I hear being cracked open. ;)

I'll usually grab the dogs and go for a walk in the woods. Just surrounding myself with nature and watching their joy as they explore all the sights and scents seems to put things back in perspective.

Then, once I've got my head straight again, I'll do as you mention and make a list of things that need to be done and priorize them. (Sometimes when all the s**t starts flying at the same time, it helps to shove it into piles before you start to deal with it. ):D

Originally posted by TechGuy:
What do you do to get through "one of those days"? I usually have a Hershey's bar (Hershey, PA is only an hour or so from here, by the way)... listen to some CNET Radio and try to forget about everything. The problem is that only more things stack up then! Sometimes, I'll just take a break from the world, get away from my phone, and write down everything. That usually helps. Just start putting them in order of priority and get down to work. Then again, maybe I should come here more often and waste time starting new threads in Random -- nah, I might get addicted. :)
I come here and join in a political thread!

Nothing is more distracting than trying to talk politics ;)

or.....

a venti white chocolate mocha from Starbucks. It's like dessert in a glass, can't be beat.

angelize56

Always remembered in our hearts
Mike: So sorry to hear about your friend getting hurt! I hope he is doing better today.

Mike we all love you and we all love TSG! I myself don't see how you get through administering a site and have a life besides! That's why we keep Candy hopping...so you can breathe! :D Goes to show what a wonderful guy you are. You are deeply respected here and I'm sure elsewhere! Take this weekend to be by yourself and catch up on your life! :) When things get tough the tough get going as they say! You have the blues....but you have to turn that around! Come here and read some random threads...you're bound to get a laugh somewhere by some of them! Read all threads with Mulder as a poster....that'll cheer you up! :) Or watch the political threads...they're chock full of fun! :) Whatever you do CHEER UP MIKE!!! Take care and have a great weekend! Marlene (angel) :)

deh

Mid-day "quickie" if at all possible, does the trick as well. Great stress reliever. ;)

deh

Originally posted by angelize56:
Will deh's mind EVER be out of the gutter! :D
Ha, but it works. Want testimonials? :) All that can attest raise your hand. all that are lying keep your hand down. ;) HA j/k

J

Jonesiegirl

Uh, I think I may be having one of those days ... I'll get back to ya... ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online