1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Getting to "XP is loading" screen then blank

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Gogs, Oct 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gogs

Gogs Thread Starter

My Girlies dad is running an XP machine. All was going well but now it has stopped booting into XP (he hasn't added/removed/changed anything). It does the XP is loading splash screen, then the screen goes black & all we see it the mouse cursor. We can move that around the black screen but can't left/right click, use any window keys on the keyboard or anything.

I'm no that used to XP & failed terribly getting to start in safe mode as I was hoping to lower the screen resolution. He was never given an original XP disk & has no start up floppy either.

Can anyone shed some light? I'm going to use a floppy based Anti-virus tomorrow but as I cant access the Net from his I'd like to take some alternatives with me.

Thanks

Gogs

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!