1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Getting Win Updates for Office 2013 to disappear I have 2016

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by hirowhite, Nov 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hirowhite

hirowhite Thread Starter

Hello. I recently did a deep clean on my computer, definitely too deep now that I look back on it. In windows update, it shows 7 updates called, "Update for Microsoft Office 2013 64-Bit Edition." that always fails. I don't have Office 2013, I have Office 2016 and would really like these to go away (they're probably harmless but they disturb me mentally). I know that I can right-click on the update and click "Hide" but that only hides it for a short amount of time before it comes back (I think after restart).

I tried to make an an effort to get those updates go away by updating manually. This is what the error says: "An internal error has occurred: (-2147024786 C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office 15\MSIPC\MSIPCEvents.man ). Contact Microsoft Product Support Services (PSS) for assistance. For information about how to contact PSS, seePSS10R.CHM".

Now, rather than trying to get them to go away by installing them. I'm looking for help on a solution that would make them go away by possibly removing a file or registry key, or something on my computer like that.

Also, it's too late for me to do a system restore. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    Brad

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  3. hirowhite

hirowhite Thread Starter

I've tried all the methods from that link before, but they didn't work . I should mention that Office 2013 isn't actually installed. I just want windows update to stop asking me about installing updates for it. I still have some files on my computer with "Office 2013" in the name, but I am not comfortable deleting them (unless told otherwise) because they are listed as shared files. I've tried deleting all other files with "Office 2013" in the title including in the Office 15 folder and the registry (using Revo Uninstaller), but it didn't solve the problem. I would try installing and then uninstalling Office 2013, but I do not have a way to install it because I don't have access to installation discs.

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Have you done a new Check For Updates on the Windows Update site, it may just be listing items from a previous check not realising there have been changes.

You can also just right click and Hide the updates.

5. hirowhite

hirowhite Thread Starter

Yes I have. Not a big deal I suppose. I'll just have to live with it.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1181546

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice