1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Getting windows stop code: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by earthpat, Jan 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. earthpat

earthpat Thread Starter

I got my asus laptop F510UA about a week ago and after some windows update (that I wasn't able to find in the updates logs) the OS crashed and showed the stop code DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and what failed as iaStorA.sys. I installed a compatible SSD when I first got the laptop and it was working absolutely fine up until the update. I tried rolling back to an older build of windows and the stop code popped up again. When I rebooted my laptop it had the earlier version of the build that I wanted but still with the same stop code coming up again and again. It no longer happens when I'm idle now, it just happens whenever I try to enter the boot menu through advanced startup. Sometimes my SSD will show under my computer and sometimes it won't. It's really gimmicky. As of right now it's showing but my I want to switch my boot priority to my SSD first (because I cloned the Win OS to it so it loads faster) but I can't get into the menu without the stop code popping up first. After the stop code I can enter the boot menu after a reboot but it won't show the SSD anymore. It's really quite annoying and I haven't found a fix for it yet. I've gone through about 10 to 12 hours of windows and asus support with no luck-I'm really at my wits end here guys. I need this laptop to be functional soon because my semester is picking up and I'm a computer science major. Thanks in advance. I appreciate any help! (The ssd is as follows:
    Crucial MX500 250GB 3D NAND M.2 Type 2280 Internal SSD

CT250MX500SSD4
    Thank you.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 142 Stepping 10
    Processor Count: 8
    RAM: 8075 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 930 GB (860 GB Free); E: 231 GB (201 GB Free);
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., X510UAR
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Can you still boot into Windows from the HDD ?
    If not try removing the SSD and see if you can still boot into Windows then.

What software did you use to do the cloning ?

After making a clone it can be very important to remove the source drive immediately afterwards and do the first boot after making the clone with only the destination drive connected.

3. earthpat

earthpat Thread Starter

Hi! Thanks for the quick reply, I appreciate it. I used Macrium Reflect for the cloning process. I can still boot into the HDD so that's good but I would love to be able to use the SSD. I didn't remove the source drive after the clone but it was working fine for a week.

(Edit) Someone mentioned online that the fix was to update the intel rapid storage technology driver and I tried to do it and it said it installed but I had to restart the laptop. When I went to go ahead and restart it the OS crashed again and gave the same message. I'm not sure if it installed or not properly.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  4. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    I would do the cloning again but this time remove the source HDD straight away as I explained.

5. earthpat

earthpat Thread Starter

I'm not able to. Whenever I try to go into the boot menu the SSD disappears. If I don't sometimes the SSD appears, sometimes it doesn't. I don't know when it would pop up.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1221790

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice