1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ghost calls on FAX line of Brother MFC-J6920DW

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by EBSchrader, Mar 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EBSchrader

EBSchrader Thread Starter

This is a new multi-function machine with a dedicated, unlisted FAX phone line. Since the very first day I set it up, the FAX line has rung. Caller ID shows Anonymous. It rings 2 or 3 times every day and is driving me buggy. This never happened with the 2 previous multi-function machines, which were a different brand. I love the machine otherwise. Tech Support couldn't suggest anything except turning down the volume on the FAX line or setting it for fewer rings before the FAX kicks in. My previous machines would power up the memory module frequently, even though I wasn't using the machines at the time. My theory is that this machine is trying to do the same thing (whatever it is) but getting my FAX line by mistake. Again, Tech Support is not helpful.:(

2. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Robocalls.
    Our cell phone numbers are not known by anyone and yet when we turn the phones on, we get calls and messages, which we never answer.

3. EBSchrader

EBSchrader Thread Starter

Thanks for sharing that, Plodr; however, this is a different problem. I'm well familiar with robocalls -- we get them all the time on our landline and occasionally on my cell. These rings are several times every day, at different times. No real pattern, except Caller ID says they are always Anonymous. I still think it's something Brother is doing in an attempt to update my machine, but it is reaching the FAX line instead of the memory module (as happened on my previous non-Brother machines). We never received *ghost calls* on the FAX line before moving to this machine.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1144521

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice