ghost clone from scsi to ide

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

svengal1

Okay, I am using NSW2003 professional and it has been fully updated from the web. My scsi hard drive is making clicking noises and it is about to die. I used NSW 2003 to clone a disk to another disk and I interchanged them and they worked fine. They were both IDE.

Now I have my scsi which is on the brink and I just bought an IDE drive. I cloned the scsi to the ide and it won't boot. It tells me to insert a system disk.

These are the steps I performed.
1) cloned the scsi to the ide
2) integrity check on the ide
3) shut down
4) removed the scsi
5) moved the jumper on the M/B to disable sata
6) booted up and changed the BIOS from scsi to hdd-0
7) I get the 'insert a system disk' error

What am i overlooking? Please help.

Being a Win98 guy, I don't know the specifics of how to do it in XP, but have you made sure the primary partition where you created the clone on HDD-0 is active. Win98, I'd just open fdisk and see.

svengal1

ah that is what I forgot. Thank you. I made it active under disk management and it worked.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online