1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ghost Image on Desktop after Repair of XP OS

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by retroactive, Nov 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. retroactive

retroactive Thread Starter

I am having this odd graphics glitch on my desktop after I recovered the OS from a system32 file corruption. I used the recovery console to repair the corrupted .dll file, and everything is working properly now except that every once in a while when I right click to bring up an options window on anything (desktop or program icon) and then left click on one of the available options, a ghost image of the option I clicked will remain on the desktop. It doenst interfere with program functionality, but is just more of an eyesore. I have updated all my drivers I can think of and run scandisk on the RAID setup. If anyone knows what is causing this issue and a possible solution, please let me know.

2. bonk

bonk Banned

Welcome,

How much Ram do you have in that PC?? and is it one stick or two?

3. retroactive

I have 2 gigs of ram

4. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

Are the sticks both the exact same make and model number? They need to be the same manufacturer and the same part number.

Being careful handling them when you do this you jsut touch them on the three edges that do not have gold traces on them and do not touch the front and back sides. Remove one of the sticks and place it on the bottom of the enclosure on the inside surface and then turn the computer back on and see if the ghost is gone. If it is you have a memory mismatch.

5. retroactive

I have two sticks of the same corsair ram, I did have to physically rebuild my system which was when my system started acting up. I will try removing and replacing the ram to see if it helps.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!