1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ghost won't read image file

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by artzelda, Oct 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. artzelda

artzelda Thread Starter

I made an image with Norton Ghost V 8.2 with the boot disk I had created from Ghost on a previous installation. Norton Ghost was not yet installed on my computer. After reinstalling Ghost V8.2 using the identical program that created the boot disk, Ghost explorer does not recognize my image as a valid image file. However when I use the Ghost explorer file in Hirens boot V9.2 it reads the image file completely. Can someone explain this and tell me what I have to do to get the Ghost explorer I installed to read the image file.

2. DCM1519

DCM1519

I had the same problem with Ghost and also Acronis. Went to DriveImage XML by Runtime and it has restored flawlessly many times. Besides reliability, another good feature is that it is free.

I built my first BartPE Boot disk for this and while it took a while for me to read and study, it is really simple. The default boot disk already includes the plug-ins for DriveImage XML version 1.2. Not sure if the plug-ins are for the latest version but if they are not, they are very easy to add.

3. tom2009

tom2009

The ghost is not equal to man...
    It is extraordinary feature, it shouldn't analyze what is picture ...
    So you are correct and i am agree with you...

Tom

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758174

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice