1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ghosting/Degaussing

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MsFrogette40, Apr 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MsFrogette40

MsFrogette40 Thread Starter

Hi, I'm running Win xp pro, and today installed a Sound Blaster Extigy and new surround system. All of a sudden my monitor is ghosting images, even after degaussing. Any ideas what the problem might be?

p.s. I moved all the speakers away from the monitor, up on shelves, etc.

Thanks,
    Jeannine

Attached Files:

2. Lurker1

Lurker1

Hi Jeannine
    Nice picture looks good on my monitor. :D

Actually try moving the monitor cable around. It could be picking up interference from a different cable. You don't have it on an extension cable do you? You might also want to try changing your monitors frequency, 75 usually works good for me. You should be able to change it in the advanced settings for the monitor. Finally dont install the sound blaster right next to the video card. I would leave one slot empty between the two. BOL

3. MsFrogette40

MsFrogette40 Thread Starter

Thanks, will try getting another surge protector and split up these cables. This one is maxed out so that could be it. The Extigy is an external sound card so it's not near the video card, but I'm going to go ahead and try reseating that as well. I feel like such a dummy because when I took that screenshot and looked at it in paint, I thought to myself, "ok, that shows the shadowing". Of course it did! I was looking at it on MY monitor! DOH!

4. Lurker1

Lurker1

Moving the power cables is good but I was refering to the signal cable. Thats usually where I have found echoing and noise to be picked up by a monitor. It may also be that your monitor decided it was time to go bad. As a last resort you can try a different monitor and see if the problem follows the monitor.

5. Rockn

Rockn

Check you monitors refresh rate settings and the settings set on your video card. Try setting the card to optimal in display properties.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/218125

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice