1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ghosting image

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by charlie2dogs, Oct 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. charlie2dogs

charlie2dogs Thread Starter

I am running win 7 professional, yesterday I was watching a video and i used a snipping tool to capture the text of certain parts of the video which i saved to a folder on the desktop, these were saved a jpg. later my desktop instead of the windows scene with the blue background had turned black, and one of the jpgs that I had saved was over the desktop but in a transparent way but the text was readable and you could see through the image on the desktop, there was a bar across the top as a window would be but I couldnt x it out or delete it any way, and at the bottom it has the controls of the video where it was taken from, but the controls dont function in any way.
    I have done everything i know to do, nothing is running in task manager, i deleted the video driver and let it reinstall, my video programs work fine, windows media and vlc which i primarily use. I went in to safe mode and did a restore to 2 days before this happened, nothing i have done has gotten rid of this ghost image on the desktop, it isnt interferring with the operation of the computer it just makes seeing the data i have on the desktop hard to see, any help with this would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Attached Files:

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Hi charlie2dogs, and welcome to TSG.

It looks like you may have accidentally set one of your captured photos as the Windows background wallpaper. Right click on the desktop between the icons on the screen and you should be able to get to the display settings control panel and pick a different background.

3. charlie2dogs

charlie2dogs Thread Starter

thanks chuck for your response, its weird, i tried to change the wall paper several times it wouldnt let me, just now i tried it again and it actually went back to the window background, its just hard to figure things sometimes.
    problem solved for now

4. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Yes, it is weird that it wouldn't change when you tried it a before and now it worked. Glad it did work for you.

Your problem reminded me that I have been the victim of and have done this to coworkers in past years on April 1st. First, do a screen capture of their desktop as they left it before going to lunch. Then save any open documents and close the apps. Then hide most of the desktop icons in a new folder in their My Documents folder.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!